What is Maptiks?
We're a small team of developers, geeks and tech enthusiasts who are building GIS mapping technologies. Maptiks provides analytics for geospatial enthusiasts who build mobile and web apps on OpenLayers3, LeafletJS, CartoDB, Mapbox, Google Maps API, Bing Maps, ESRI and other mapping platforms.
Check it out at www.maptiks.com
Perks of working with us?
- Work remotely. Work from anywhere around the world.
- 1 month vacation.
- Help build a company and a product.
- Learn some new skills. Even our growth people are learning to code.
Who do we hire?
To put it simply, we hire nice people. Our first and main criteria, whether we're hiring a developer, customer success manager or any role really, is that they be nice and have a focus on making our customers happy.
1. Getting Shit Done. We like working with people whose number one priority is getting shit done. We work in a nimble environment where problems need to be solved quickly and efficiently. We are constantly deciphering the chaos that comes with building a company and identifying what key problems need solving to have the greatest impact. If you’re still just figuring things out - that's great, we'd like to chat.
2. Focus. Once a solution has been identified, it’s all about focusing and seeing it through. We bring on fun people to our team who can execute and finish something till the end, even if it doesn’t always work out.
3. Testing and experimenting. We'll tell you a little secret - when it comes to business, we’re all in the same boat , nobody has a silver bullet. There isn’t just one right way to do things.
That’s why we're all about concisely identifying problems and testing possible solutions based on key results and data. Constantly testing hypothesis’ and experimenting is built into our DNA.
4. Be impartial yet passionate. The best ideas should always win. And we love working with people who are able to fight for what they believe in, and set aside any differences in opinion afterwards for a good coffee and a laugh. Seriously, if you aren’t willing to yell at the team lead, or send a feisty email about something you think is right or you think the team is doing wrong, we don't really want to work with you.
5. Give a shit. Caring is more important than skill. Skills are acquired, caring, not so much. We like to hire candidates who really care about what they're doing and are willing to figure things out to get there. We’ll help you as a team, and figure things out together.
6. No Politics. If you’re putting yourself first, trying to climb some imaginary corporate ladder, and not focusing on adding value to our clients, we don't really want you on the team.
Focusing on the user experience and making our clients happy will have greater gains for the whole company and yourself — playing the politics game for ones sole betterment won't get you anywhere. We like working with people who would rather do the right thing for the user or customer at their own personal expense or expense to the company.
No open jobs at this moment